cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Chrome, firefox, Edge Browsers raise CPU to %100

HP Recommended
HP 255 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP 255 G6 Notebook PC running windows 10 version v10.0.17134.191. Everytime I run Chrome, firefox, Edge Browsers, it raises the CPU to %100. I've disabled hardware acceleration, multiple services people spoke of online. I've noticed that all the browsers show many sub processes in the task manager of windows 10 and chrome. a lot of them look like adds. I read that the problem may be from a windows 10 upgrade/updates. I've done numerous things to optimize the computer from what I read online with out success. I have also run ccleaner, chkdsk, sfc as well. I even reinstalled Windows 10 with the same problem. If I don't open a browser, everything works good. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,714 38,171 3,352 14,099
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does this happen whether plugged in or  battery only? If it only happens when using only battery check your power settings to be sure it is not set to max battery life.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This happens when using power cable or battery. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation