Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Anyway, why would it take so long to recover?
(CMOS reset still in progress)
HP Recommended
Cmos reset is done. I began the recovery again, and now it's been going on with sporadic floppy activity for about 20 minutes.

Is this normal?
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem with BIOS update failed in 6710b. I am trying to do BIOS restore following the provided steps however in my case it doesn't help.

I have external USB 1.44mb disk drive and a bootable diskette created by ROMPaq utility. After holding Win+B it accesses the diskette, but activity is last only for several seconds and looks like BIOS is not being loaded. 

I tried to create bootable disk with different BIOS versions but result is the same. 

What can I try else to make it boot from this diskette?

CD and USB flash don't work either.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Recently i am facing a problem with my  HP compaq 6710b laptop  .

I have 90 watt batery adaptor  which was working fine when i was having MICROSOFT XP  professional installed in my Laptop. But now i installed    Windows 7 ultimate(32 bit) but after installing this windows 7 i am facing the following problem with this laptop

• My laptop is NOT chargining with this AC Adaptor(90 watt) . But if i put some other charger like 60 watt & 95 watt then my laptop is charging well.
  • Also now after installing windows 7 , now my Laptop FAN is making so much noise.

Here is more details about my laptop

OS Name   Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600 
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation 
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Compaq 6710b (GF929AW#ABA)
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68DDU Ver. F.20, 12/1/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.4 

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385" 

Windows Directory      C:\Windows
System Directory         C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device                   \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States 
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 215 MB
Total Virtual Memory 3.98 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.07 GB
Page File Space 1.99 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Please help me as soon as possible because my works are stopped for now. Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards

-Ash

HP Recommended

Just did this trick with the Win  + B on a 6550b using a key I made on another 6550b with the F20 bios to recover a bricked 6550b that didn't like f23.

Worked like a charm.

Used a USB key instead of floppy.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.