Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Presario cq57
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Just got the computer given to me and need to factory reset the computer.
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
Hi,

If recovery partition is INTACT, then tapping f11 key as soon as you power on laptop, will take you​ to recovery console. You can factory reset from here.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended
Im not sure if the partition is INTACT still or not i tried last night thats why i asked if there was a way to try from command promp in safe mode
HP Recommended

If you tried the methods I posted, and still didn't get through - then recovery partition is corrupted or deleted

Please use HP Recovery USB/discs that you should've created after first setup of this notebook, to factory reset

HP Recommended
Yea thats the thing i just got the computer given to me and had no discs or anything with it and it was already like this
HP Recommended

What is the full model name, product number of your laptop?

If your laptop came with Windows 7 and you CAN clearly read all 25 characters of product activation key from COA sticker pasted on the back of your laptop, then try HP expert Paul Tikkanen's suggestion given in this thread:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/want-windows-7-back/td-p/592555...

HP Recommended

(removed content)

HP Recommended
Windows 7 home prem oa product. Key above
HP Recommended

Don't post Windows product key in public forum.

It is for your personal use only.

Anyone can now take your key to hack.

Please follow the suggestion I've posted above
HP Recommended
How do i remove it
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.