Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 16 Gaming Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, so I have bought a Pavilion Gaming laptop 2 months ago, and it has been having a problem with blue screens. At seemingly random times, I get a blue screen stating "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA". I realize this is most likely an issue with my RAM, but the computer is new and I am afraid of voiding my warranty through disassembly. Is there a way to fix this or a suggestion on what's wrong? Thank you!!!  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Alex_Async

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)

BIOS default:

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow next steps.

Let's reseat the hard drive and memory:

1. Press and hold the Power button for 5 - 15 seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the power cable.
  3. If your notebook model features a removable battery, remove the battery.
  4. Disconnect and reconnect the internal hard drive and Memory. For instructions, see the Maintenance and Service Guide for your notebook model. Locate these in the User Guides section of your notebook product page on the HP Customer Support website.
  5. After connecting the hard drive and reassembling the computer, try to start the computer normally.

If reseating the hard drive and memory does not resolve the problem, try replacing the memory modules. You might also consider contacting support for repair due to a possible RAM or system board failure. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Cool, thanks! I'll try it out. Your help is much appreciated!

HP Recommended

@Alex_Async

Thank you for posting back. 

Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.  

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, so I did the power reset a while ago and it helped stop the blue screening; however, I'm getting blue screens again and for some reason I can't do a power reset anymore. I turned the computer off and unplugged everything, but when I hold the power button for 15 seconds, it keeps trying to turn on every 8 seconds. Could you help me out again? Also, I have a limited warranty on this machine: can I replace my RAM sticks with new ones without voiding this (or by using it)? Thank you so much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.