Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My HP Spectre resets itself every minute or so, especially noticeable in my Pictures and my Quicken account:  in the pictures, I may be scrolling down and it automatically takes me back to the beginning. In Quicken, everything kind of shudders a few times and then returns to the screen I'm on.  Seems to be worse after the recent update.  This computer is about 4 or 5 years old.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RamayiDawn Thank you for posting on HP Community,

For an accurate solution I'll need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: click here 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.)

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

Have you attempted a system restore?

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

To thank me for my efforts to help you,

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response.

The product number is LOQ51UA#ABA The model is 13-400dx

HP Recommended

@RamayiDawn Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue:

Run a full system scan using an anti-virus and anti-spyware software

Step 1: Disable the automatic restart option to view error messages

Errors might occur but not display with Automatic restart enabled. Disable this option to allow the computer to display error messages instead of restarting.

1. In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

2. Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.

3. Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart, and then click OK.

Location of the Automatically restart check box

4. Restart the computer.

The computer no longer restarts automatically when a problem occurs. Instead, a blue screen displays with useful information. You can search for a resolution using the information in the error.

Step 2: Check for failed hardware

Hardware problems can cause unexpected results. Go to Testing for Hardware Failures for more information.

NOTE: 

Increased heat inside the computer can cause hardware failures. Go to HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating (notebook computers) or HP Desktop PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Computer to Prevent Overheating (desktop computers) for more information.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you for your detailed instructions.  I will attempt to do this with my nephew, who has experience with computers.  I appreciate so much your quick and detailed reply, and I am confident this problem will soon be fixed.

HP Recommended

@RamayiDawn Please take your time and get back to us with the results,

I wish you and your nephew good luck and may you both have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.