08-09-2012 11:20 AM
Try to get a can of compressed air and use it in the opposite direction of the normal air flow with the computer turned off. If that doesn't do it you can also carefully try a vacuum cleaner (sometimes they are so powerful, they can break the fan blades off though). If that doesn't work, someone will have to dissemble the notebook down to the fan area and see what is wrong.
Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.
02-07-2013 08:49 PM
Could you plese tell me if all g62 series use the same fan? The only # im able to retrieve from the case is 584037-001 but that doesnt seem to lead me to a specific model for this g62.
03-11-2013 02:05 AM
Hello i have the same problem, my cooling fan is not working on th notebook Pavillion G7, can i use a compressor and blow the air in opposite direction in the notbook
03-15-2013 02:34 PM
You don't need a lot of pressure to blow out the vents. Too much pressure can damage the fan.
Here is a link to clean the vents.
Let me know how everything goes.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)