Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion 360 Notebook with Windows 10 Home, I would like to either. Convert to Windows 10 PRO spanish language which I have a valid paid license from a just broken HP desktop, or. To insert an Official Recovery HP USB Pen Drive which contents Windows 10 Home in Spanish.  Which option is the best in order to convert my Win10 Home in English to Spanish Language. Let me know folks.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You just need to change the W10 Home key to the W10 Pro key you have.

See this link for more information...Upgrade using a W10 Pro product key...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro

HP Recommended

@TonyIz

Just so you know ... OEM licenses are tied to the original PC, not to the owner.  So, if you have an HP license on one PC, you can not move it to another PC, even if you quit using the first PC.  That would be a licensing violation.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

My assumption is that the W10 Pro license purchased was a retail license.

If it were OEM, the W10 key would not work on another PC.

HP Recommended

The license of the broken HP PC is retail and not OEM. I paid for it. Still apply what you said?

HP Recommended

Yes.

That is the only way to do it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.