12-07-2017 01:38 PM - last edited on 12-07-2017 01:51 PM by danny-r
Complete failure of the OS and non recoverable .... Had no choice but to format the hard drive and start again managed to clean install windows 7 ultimate , but now need the drivers to complete ... I do have another Acer laptop I can use to access the internet and down load files to a pen and transfer , but cannot see anything and go round in circles on the HP website
I did have a copy of belarc report I did a few days back to find the model number as they label at the back is nearly unreadable It shows as being a CQ56 presario Notebook PC [personal information removed] however when I do a search on the HP website it gives me a different model ..... The website shows a 100 model or a 200 model but that doesnt show anywhere on the laptop or print out fro Belarc Confused ... Can anyone help me with a link to download these drivers please ( or alternatives ) to get me going again .... any support appreciated !!
12-08-2017 03:00 PM - edited 12-08-2017 03:01 PM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. As I understand you've installed a retail copy of windows 7 ultimate and can't find the drivers for your PC. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
Did you know that HP doesn't support retail versions of the windows?
That said, Have you attempted to obtain another recovery media if yours wasn't working?
Here's what you need to know about obtaining a recovery media for yourself: Click here
Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
I am an HP Employee
12-11-2017 01:56 PM
Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,
I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.
You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time
To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.
Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)