Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DV6-3179sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

DV6-3179sa failed to update to latest windows 10 ….   laptop gets to about 80% and freezes only way to do on off then goes back to previous version. Microsoft say that is is Bios I need a 2014 version and I have 2011 I think. not convinced and doesn't look like there is a later Bios available. Could someone assist. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@David_F100 

MS likes to tell folks stuff like that -- as it excuses them from having to deal with legitimate Windows Update issues!

I have an HP DV6-6cl4nr laptop -- that came with Win7 -- and it is running Win10 v1909, Build 18363.476, without issues -- and it has not had a BIOS update since 2011.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Did your Laptop update automatically or did you do a USB clean install.  A few years back I had to do a clean install and that worked but it's a lot effort and I am not to confident trying that again. Wish this software was just plug and play but never is even since win 3.1 with hundreds of 3.5 floppies to load windows and office..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.