Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream Laptop 14 #

Well, one of my co-workers decided to delete some information and accidentally deleted the operating system. I have tried everything and cannot get the Operating System back.  Does anyone konw hos to do a restore?  When I go to Resture Securty settings to factory defaults it will not let me enter the four digit code.

ANy help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

After three and a half hours of “support” on chat the laptop has a hardware issue which I’m not sure I believe.  After 50 minutes i was told in that my product was out of warranty and I would have to pay.  Surely that’s acceptable to tell me, but not after running several tests and getting info about that laptop that is on the HP dashboard and 50 minutes.  A supervisor chatted with me and said they would help me and was sorry for the error and told me I needed a flash drive for storage.  I told her I had a 16 fb with 13.9 room left.  She said that would work fine.  Then Sandip disconnected my chat.  I came back on with a rep that I told about our previous conversation and was rude and made several mistakes.  He took over my computer and when I noticed he clicked the wrong save feature he was defensive and said he did not, wasted about 45 minutes on that. Despite messages telling him he saved it and tried to replace my computer system where I was chatting he denied saving it to the wrong place.    Then Sandip, supervisor came back and ALL the info I had on my flash drive was deleted, because my flash drive needed to be blank, despite me telling her which one I used and asking for step by step directions.  My business information, confidential secure information, probably thousands of hours of work all gone.  Then I was told to take it up with another team and he/she was not an expert on flash drives.  

I have several HP products at home and the office and I will never use HP again. Anything with a receipt will be returned.   

HP Recommended

@Mphilking

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.