cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cliffo23
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Device Manager in my HP Envy 360 shows only 2 drivers, both with alerts, and not working.

HP Recommended
Envy x360 Convertible Model 15-bq100AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help - the hair on my 65 year old head is going even more grey. Recently my HP Envy laptop stopped responding when I insert a USB stick. I looked in Device Manager and before there were 6 entries in the Universal Serial Bus controllers section, but now there are only 2 and both have exclamation marks against them.

I have done 3 complete resets, restoring either from the recovery partition, or from the cloud, and even a reset with a complete clean of the C drive, but each time the reset finishes and I reboot I get the same errors on the ports.

If I try to update the drivers I get a message saying

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52"

I have run out of ideas. Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Cliff in Perth, Western Australia

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation