Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP NoteBook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Issue started after a system update for Windows 10.  Main Window screen requesting peer password/PIN was displayed. Once that was entered the screen remained light but black.  I can hear beeps if I strich the enter key.  

When the Window key is struck the menu you come up.  One something is selected the screen returns to a lighted black screen.

When tab and alt is selected the selected app is minimized and can not be expanded. If  tab and alt key is released the screen returns to black.

Pleae any help would be a predicated to recovery my display.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MIckey11220,, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below-troubleshooting steps Reset or forgot password t:-

Once you forget or lost your Windows 10 PIN then you may have to log in to your Windows 10 machine with the Microsoft account password option as highlighted in the following picture. By default Windows 10 doesn’t provide you the following screen, you need to press on Sign-in Options to get this screen.

There is no option to retrieve the lost PIN via mail or something. The main reason for this is because Windows PIN is “so local”:) The only way is to reset the Windows 10 PIN is to set up a NEW pin. To reset the Windows Pin for Windows 10 machine, go to Setting –> Accounts –> Sign-in Options and click on I forgot my PIN.

Once you click on “I forgot my PIN”, the new page “Are you sure you forgot your PIN” will get opened and you need to click on continue button to proceed further. 

On the next page of Windows 10 reset PIN, it will ask to enter a Microsoft Account password to proceed further. This is just another layer of security before resetting the Windows 10 PIN for the machine. Enter the Microsoft account (Outlook, Hotmail, etc..) password and click on the Sign-in button.

You need to validate and verify your identity using a security code as you can see in the following screen capture. When accessing sensitive info from your account or device, or if Microsoft detects suspicious account activity, they may ask for a security code to verify your identity. If you sign in frequently on this device, Microsoft won’t ask you to verify after this. Click on the NEXT button to proceed to the next page of the Windows 10 reset PIN wizard.

Check the mail which you have entered in the above step (check the spam folder :)). Copy the security code from the mail and paste it as you can see in the following screen. Click the NEXT button !!

In the next screen “Set up a NEW PIN” – Create a PIN to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your device, apps, and services. Enter your new PIN and remember it.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi there, this is a follow-up from HP Support Community. I just wanted to check if you have received the ink yet or not and if you have, did you install it? How's the printer working now?  

Let me know if you need any other assistance and I'd be happy to help 🙂 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.