Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cc055od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is HP accepting any responsibility for sending out defective USB recovery sticks, with the wrong and less expensive operating system?  They turned my Pavilion laptop into a brick.  I don’t need tech support.  It is clear I know more than them.  Is HP going to accept responsibility, or did the lackadaisical mob kids take over management at HP, also?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BetterthanMina 

What you mean wrong Operating system ? Your machine came with Windows 10 Home 64. Since your machine runs Windows 10, you can do a clean install W10 for free by using the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The tool will allow you to make a bootable installation media (USB/DVD) and you can use installation media to install.

During the installation process if you are asked to enter a product key, check the 'Skip' box and W10 will install and then automatically activate once you are connected to the internet using the key embedded in BIOS of your machine.

You can also mount downloaded ISO file as DVD drive and run Setup from there.

Then you can install the drivers and available software you need from your PC's support page. Normally few Windows 10 updates can install nearly all drivers for you.

Note: If you wish to keep user files and applications/programs, you need to select this option from the beginning.

Regards.

Note: If I was you, I would edit my post to remove some not nice words.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can create yourown HP recovery USB specific for your notebook using cloud recovery.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

you can also create a USB with Windows 10 directly from Microsoft:

Download media creation tool from Microsoft on PC (different PC), run and create a bootable pendrive with the OS on it. (there is an explanation on the Microsoft web page on how to create the pendrive). Create the drive with Windows 10 Home 64-bit edition. Windows will automatically activate once installed and connected to the Internet.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you choose this option you will need to use the pendrive to perform a clean install of Windows 10. You might need to disable fastboot and secure boot in BIOS (probably not). So, insert the pendrive in the PC and it should boot directly from the drive. If not, turn off the PC by holding the power button. Press the power button and immediately keep pressing ESC until the startup menu appears and then press F9 and choose the pendrive in the boot menu. Once it boots from pendrive follow the procedure to install Windows.

When finished installing allow Windows to completely update and find all or most drivers. You can follow this process by going into settings > Security and update > click on Verify for updates. You might need to reboot a couple of times.

I recommend installing HP support assistant which will help keep your drivers up to date and much more. You can download the latest version from here.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

Once completely updated you can go into device manager and see if there are any missing drivers (there will be yellow exclamation mark next to the device). You can find these drivers and software on HP support page for your product.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-cc000-laptop-pc/15551391/model/16842...

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

edited** Tell your Mina and Taylor Swift edited to buy their own software and stop stealing mine.

edited

HP Recommended

@BetterthanMina

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. I would like to remind you again to please be respectful to those who offer suggestions in this Community.

Be respectful. Respect your fellow users by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Good or bad, your experiences are always welcome as long as they are offered in a courteous way. Respect people's time and attention by providing complete information about your question or problem, including product name and model number. People like helping those who ask good questions.

Regards,

HP Recommended

@BetterthanMina 

You seem to have something with Mina and Taylor. I wonder what it has to do with computers. 

Above we have shown how to get the PC up and running again. We are volunteers helping other HP Users with problems with their computers.

Thanks for your deleted reply. Sometimes a donkey is just a donkey and you can take your problems and PC to a more "evolved" animal and get some help.

All the best,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.