07-18-2013 04:20 AM - edited 07-18-2013 04:24 AM
Hi, I have a Notebook HP Pavilion g6-2305sl with Windows 8(64-bit) pre-installed. As I wanted to downgrade it to Windows 7(64-bit) I wasn't able to find the drivers, as only Windows 8 drivers al listed.
Can someone help me, please?
07-18-2013 01:10 PM - edited 07-18-2013 01:12 PM
The reason there are only W8 drivers on your PC's support and driver page is because HP only supports their consumer PC's for the current Windows operating system in effect at the time of the PCs production, which is now W8.
You can use the applicable W7 x64 drivers and software from this slightly older g6 model which came out before W8 did.
Only use the AMD graphics driver which will install the drivers for both the AMD and Intel graphics. Never allow any updates to install an updated Intel driver or the switchable graphics will no longer function.
DO NOT USE ANY BIOS OR FIRMWARE FILES FROM THIS LINK
Please make your set of W8 recovery disks before installing W7. Once you install W7, most likely the recovery partition will no longer work.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)