Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ba018wm
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Downgrading windows 10 to windows 7 on HP 15-ba018wm

has anyone successfully found a driver package to downgrade (which is really an upgrade) from win 10 back to win 7?

really need to find the proper drivers, i seen the other thread and most of the links are no good i hate windows 10 it cost me thousands of dollars in losses, lost data, hiding files all kinds of problems, i do not want windows 10, i currently have forced win 7 in to it but the network drivers are not gigabit, there seems to be some usb issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@StringtigeR 

OK ... you're doing the right stuff ... just wanted to warn you about the exposure in case you weren't aware of it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@StringtigeR 

I understand your wanting to run Win7, but personally, I would advise against it -- primarily because Microsoft has dropped support for it.

This means there will be NO MORE security updates from MS, and if some serious malware comes out next week, that exposes you to infection.

If you're willing to spend money on third-party Antivirus products, that will help for a while -- until those folks stop supporting Win7 as well.

If your PC is never connected to the Internet, then you will be OK also, but that is an increasingly rare situation these days.

HP Recommended

I appreciate your concerns but i hate win 10 and they have done nothing but make my life a living hell, i have lost very important files because of win 10, and yes i have antivirus software I also will clone my drive once setup so if i do get hacked i can always come back from it. i just refuse to let microsft run my life

HP Recommended

@StringtigeR 

OK ... you're doing the right stuff ... just wanted to warn you about the exposure in case you weren't aware of it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.