Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Model: 17-AN110NR SKU: 6261500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I apologize...I have a discussion started about driver updates, and I was given the link to download the drivers, but now I cannot find the darn discussion thread and the link(s).  On top of that, I am in a complete fog as to what I am doing here.

I went there and downloaded some 50 or so exe files.  Now I don't know which is which!  Since they are exe files will my machine be able to tell which it needs??

I've installed Windows from bare metal dozens of times.But I always had the drivers there in a neat bundle.  I backed up all my Omen drivers -- except the one that started me on this whole trek -- the on that makes the Omen key work!  I have the Command Center software, but it doesn't do anything to make the key work.   And I don't know if what I am looking for is a driver or what.  Additionally, not once has the laptop said "Hey, you have to get the driver here."  The key just lays there totally unresponsive.

I can reinstall the Home setup that came with the laptop, and the key works then.  But so what if I don't know the how or why and what files I should bring over to the Pro install.

Microsoft had no answer, not surprisingly.  But I would think that somewhere someone in HP could tell me what I am looking for, wouldn't you think?

Chuck Billow
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @CWBillow1

Appreciating you trying the steps.. At this point, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region for the next course of action. 

Have a great!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.