Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 7-3060us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

There is nothing but working fans! To top it all off, NOW the adapter is getting very hot! I have had this since 2010 and it is still in beautiful shape cosmetically. Wish the innards were!

Thank you

SherriBeans

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ack! I can't find the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION PLACE!!!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@SherriBeans
Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well,

Don't worry Sherri, we should be able to fix this up with a few steps and I'll be glad to help you out,

I need a few details, though, to provide an accurate solution:

• When was the last time it worked?
  • What is the product number (as the model name isn't sufficient)?
  • Have you attempted any steps before contacting HP Forums? 

As I understand there's nothing on the screen and the fans constantly run, here are a few steps you may attempt:

Check with an alternate monitor or TV to ensure it's not the display,

Perform a hard reset using the below steps:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.

6. Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.

7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day ahead,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Oh WOW! Someone answered! I appreciate your help SO much! I love that computer but...been at least 3 months. I can find the model # if it is in the back of the unit? I will look and write back! I already tried the 30 second-battery thing. (Sorry, I am not very techy😊) and it didn't work! Breaks my heart cause it is in beautiful shape and had been an entertainment model. (I like to do graphics) So it has LOTS of ram/memory left. I have taken such good care of it! Might I get back to you this afternoon?

THANK YOU!!!

Sherri

HP Recommended

@SherriBeans

You may use this link to find your product number: click here (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email id, etc..)

Please check with an alternate monitor as I mentioned earlier as that would be the best way to confirm the cause of this concern,

If you are able to view a display on an alternate monitor, you will need to contact the HP phone support for a hardware replacement: Click here

Although, if there is no display on the other monitor or TV as well, you could follow the steps mentioned on this link to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Oh nuts! I don't have another working monitor...(this is my tablet) BUT I am looking at a new HP red computer that has 4gb ram, Radeon something, and 500gb memory and I think that is what I am going to do! But how do I give you credit? YOU ARE helpful! And I think that HP is the BEST which is why I am going to buy another one! I had my other laptop for 6 years and I have been through cancer treatments and it helped me to get through the aftermath!

I hope at least that helps!

Thank you for your kind consideration! Sherri

HP Recommended

I didn't know how. To do the 'thumbs up' till AFTER I posted...sorry! Can I still do it? I tried and all it did was put a plus thing by it...did that help? I am so sorry I am so slow...they call it chemo brain and I am sticking to that story!!!😁

Thank you again!

HP Recommended

@SherriBeans

Thank you Sherri,

Your replies made my day, I appreciate the thumbs up and I wish there was more I could do to help you out, seeing how good your sense of humor is 🙂

I hope you find what you are looking for and have a great weekend ahead 🙂

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hee hee! I pushed the 'thumbs up' button a bunch of times! Hope it worked!!!

Sherri

😁

HP Recommended

@SherriBeans

Yes, that definitely helped 🙂

And if you wish to help others looking for the same questions as you did, you could select "Accept as solution" under the drop down menu.

It was a pleasure to have interacted with you, have a good day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ack! I can't find the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION PLACE!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.