09-19-2016 06:34 AM - edited 09-19-2016 06:34 AM
SInce I updated HP Support Assistant I have a small problem.
The EFI boot partition now shows up in This PC as a Local Disk (Z: ). In Disk Management it has no drive letter assigned.
Unlike others on this forum and elsewhere, I did not encounter this after trying to add a printer. Nor does my Z: drive disappear again after reboot.
I would like to get back to the previous situation where this partition is hidden under Windows.
09-21-2016 08:53 AM
Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More
I understand that after updating the HP Support Assistant that the EFI boot partition now shows in This PC with drive letter Z but when you open disk management there is no drive letter assigned.
Please try these steps to resolve this difficulty.
- Open charms and type Diskpart
- Open diskpart
- Find the volume you want to hide and note it number
- Type select volume and the number of the drive
- enter remove and press enter
Please let me know if the outcome.
If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the “Thumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)