Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I tried to reply to an older thread , but it said it was old and closed so start another.

Lots power of issues on here with 9470m and 9480m not working (power light flashing a few times then stopping), plugged in, but not charging (a few bits of advise on windows 10 - But what has o/s got to do with it, if not booted and not charging?).

I've owned 1 9470m and 2 9480m elitebooks and all have had these problems.  Not starting, just flashing lights on first power connect. Also saying its  plugged in and charging (screen get brighter on plug-in, but despite saying its charging it doesn't and when battery is empty it stops.

Tried all the remedies on the forum and not worked for my 3.   First time (died and only the flashing light) I upgraded from a 9470 to a 9480.  This then developed a similar fault recently as did my third one. - I obviously love the model and my family use them.  Having the ability to switch batteries is great and helped in fault finding. As did having a base station.

What have I found throughout this.

If the different software type methods do not work , like taking battery out and pressing on key for 10 seconds, or updating bios I recommend the following, which requires a hardware change.  The service manual shows how to do it and it is very simple.

The achilles heal of these models seems to be the power lead from the power in connector to a small onboard connector.

In the UK you can get a replacement on ebay for 10UKP ($13).  With software and resets failing this has always fixed my problem. Maybe I have been lucky, but on 3 different PC's - Hmmm....

You need to remove bottom base panels . hard-drive and metal cage (very easy) and then disconnect this power lead and replace it. It has worked in all of my 3 models. Luckily I did not bin my first model as when I fixed the 2nd one , I retrofitted in to the first with success and my last elitebook stopped charging (although it would on its docking station!. Went to check this and found it had just become loose where it connected to the board, so was allowing the docking station to charge it, but not the normal power connection, so just pushed it in and all started working again (this was not the case in my other models).

So for a cheap fix, try this and I believe you will have a good chance of getting your PC up and running.

PS. I advice buying a new one and not a used one, as being a weak point, a used one may be someone breaking a non-working PC - the reason being this lead!!!!!!

Hope this helps someone,  It has helped me keep 3 elitebooks running.

So , if hav

(just goole 9470 or 9480 service manual)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.