Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hello I have problems with my laptop my windows couldn't start
It says "after multiple tries the operating system on your PC failed to start so it need to be repaired. I tried to fix the problem by following the instructions in HP support to recovery it but it doesn't work. After that I tried to reset my PC but it doesn't work either what should I do
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Can you try running a chkdsk /R C:  using command prompt?

HP Recommended
Yes I can try this but what should I do
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

does it say winload.exe or winload.efi ?

HP Recommended
It say windows. Exe
HP Recommended
It say winload. Exe
HP Recommended

have you tried doing a system recovery? http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03489643

if you have this fix probably wont be supported by HP in any way...  https://neosmart.net/wiki/winload-exe-missing-corrupt/#Fix_winloadexe_is_missing_in_Windows_Vista_7_...

HP Recommended

if you have a windows 8.1 or 7 or even 8 install disk or downloaded the windows 10 upgrade iso or downloaded it to usb

boot to one of those things heres how

restart you pc

as soon as monitoer goes dark start tapping the esc key

this should pause the startup up

select the function that has boot options

choose the dvd or usb you have

let it load then DONOT install instead when you see the Welcome to setup press the left shift ket and f-10 key at the same time

this should bring up the cmd prompt

type this to get to the windows partition

C:

press enter

type cd C:\Windows\System32\

press enter

type sfc /scannow

let it run

if it found any issues itll let you know

the following is grabbed from technet.microsoft.com

Repair a Windows Image

141 out of 252 rated this helpful - Rate this topic

Updated: October 20, 2013

Applies To: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2

If a Windows image becomes unserviceable, you can use the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) tool to update the files and correct the problem. You can use DISM to repair an offline Windows image in a WIM or VHD file, or an online Windows image. An online Windows image will also attempt to repair itself if it becomes unserviceable. The repair source for this operation is the same source that is used for Features on Demand and is determined by Group Policy settings. For more information, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. When you use the DISM tool to repair an online or offline image, you can use the /Source argument with the /RestoreHealth argument to specify additional repair source locations to use to search for the required files.

The DISM /ScanHealth, /CheckHealth, and /RestoreHealth arguments can only be used when servicing Windows® 8 or Windows Server® 2012 images.

1. Scan the image to check for corruption. This operation will take several minutes. For example, at a command prompt, type the following command:

Copy
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
  2. Check the image to see whether any corruption has been detected. For example, at a command prompt, type:

Copy
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

When you use the /CheckHealth argument, the DISM tool will report whether the image is healthy, repairable, or non-repairable. If the image is non-repairable, you should discard the image and start again. If the image is repairable, you can use the /RestoreHealth argument to repair the image.

1. Use the /RestoreHealth argument to repair the image. For example, to repair an offline image using a mounted image as a repair source, at a command prompt, type the following command:

Copy
    Dism /Image:C:\offline /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows

Or to repair an online image using some of your own sources instead of Windows Update, type:

Copy
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows /LimitAccess

If you do not specify a /Source for the repair files, the default location for Features on Demand is used. For more information, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. If you specify more than one /Source, the files are copied from the first location where they are found and the rest of the locations are ignored. You can use /LimitAccess to prevent the DISM tool from using Windows Update as a repair source or as a backup repair source for online images.

i hope your able to get up and running again

what i posted is not for the faint of heart

but something to read up on

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.