Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

everytime i boot the computer i get the system diagnostics and i ran the tests multiple times and it passes everytime.  i took the hdd out and plugged it back in, did not work. anyone know how i can fix this

image.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Can you boot into System Recovery by tapping away on the Esc key immediately after powering on?

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&as=true&SFS=sdoc&section=ccweb&language...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hard disk error HARD DISK 1 (3F1) is associated with HP laptops and appears when the laptop hard drive that stores the OS gets damaged or corrupt. The HARD DISK 1 (3F1) error can also occur due to damaged operating system files (caused by bad sectors on the hard drive).

In most cases, this problem resides within the hard drive. However, in some cases, the problem can be caused by a malfunctioning hard drive controller but that’s rare. Following are some solutions that you can apply to your system and fix it.

Solution 1. Hard Reset

Solution 2. BIOS Reset Defaults

Solution 3. Use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics

Solution 4. Reset the Hard drive

Solution 5. Remove Hard Drive and Test it

Use Data Recovery Tool

If none of the above-mentioned solutions work, use a reliable data recovery tool such as MiniTool Power Data Recovery that facilitates recovery from an inaccessible, corrupt, and formatted hard drive. 

After you have successfully recovered the data, format the drive using ‘Disk Management’ tool or ‘Disk Part’ command utility. Insert the drive to the HP laptop, install Windows, and then restore your data to the drive. If possible, replace the HDD with a new drive to prevent future data loss situation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.