Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15 - P246sa

Hi all!

My laptop has recently stopped working, its a Pavillion 15 - P246sa.

I ran a long hard drive long DST check and the result was error 9G3400-770A4V-MFPV7G-61D703. 

Initially it was giving me a black screen after the logo, so after asking and doing some research I thought it was a problem of the driver so followed all the reccomended steps to fix it. 

However, at some point it started giving me a blue screen when turning it on, offering troubleshoot and not solving anything. I ran a long DST check and this is the error that came out (9G3400-770A4V-MFPV7G-61D703).

Any help would he appreciated! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your hard drive died. No driver is going to help it. You need a new one.

HP Recommended

Hi Ieeee

Thank you for your reply!

Sorry I have to more questions to your answer 

Would getting a new hard drive solve the problem then? And can I still retrieve the content inside my (dead) hardrive?

Thanks again! 

HP Recommended

I would buy a SSD. Should be about $60 for 500 GB.

To retrieve your files, you would need to remove the bad hard drive from the laptop  (  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRh2Xl_n6Xw  )   and connect it to a working PC using a USB-to-SATA adapter cable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.