cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Error when restoring computer

HP Recommended
HP Spectre Product #Z4Z20UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I’m having an issue when restoring my computer. I keep getting prompted FAILURE_FLAG then “Found C:\SYSTEM.SAV\FAILURE.FLG” the reason I was restoring my computer was, after I logged into windows my screen was all black with just a white cursor. So a step I took was delete McAfee through the uninstall programs section. I’m assuming this error is happening because I uninstalled it🤦🏽‍♂️ Thing is, I’m too far into the restoring process to “normally” access my computer to install it again (even though I couldn’t because of the black screen) really just need help with this error please. This also prompts “CTO panic” I also cannot do anything because if I restart the computer it just pops back up to the recovery manager page with the error. 

1 REPLY 1
Level 21
Level 21
125,999 116,180 18,859 28,775
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try these two methods to get your PC operational again...

You will need to have access to another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer.  For the first method, you will need a 32 GB USB flash drive.   For the second method, you will need an 8 GB USB flash drive.

1. Use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

2. If method 1 is not successful, then clean install W10 by making bootable installation media using the Media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac013dx Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation