Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I performed this function by making the recovery partition active however all it does is to go straight into the Windows Boot Manager.  It advises me the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible and I can't get back to a functional o/s.  This is on a HP mini 1103  P/N XT981UT#ABA

HP Recommended

see earlier entries! The critical information is, in summary:

the first logical explanation I've seen. (Even tho' HP Support told me it was a bug in their software on WIN7 machines)!

in simple terms is:

(1) You can't boot from F11 if you have repartitioned your C: Drive (probably to keep data separate from the OS). (2) by creating an extra partition, you turn the whole disk into Dynamic and a Dynamic disk will only boot from C: (where C: contains the main OS).

(3) in order to avoid this problem, make your Recovery disks at the first opportunity after you start using one of these machines.//

The only difficulty with this solution is that users are only going to find this out when they have a crashed machine. If HP Support ever read this, PLEASE INCLUDE THIS INFORMATION IN YOUR INITIAL INSTRUCTIONS on "How to use your new HP Laptop".

HP Recommended

I have a HP G72 that I bought in 2010. Ican't restore my computer to factory spec. because it says that I have files missing in my recovery. I understand that using F11 doesn't reboot properly and my computer hasn't ran right since. This just happened last month, and now I have a problem with my HPSF.exe and the pop-up window will not ley me fix the problem. I am asking for some help, please respond to this problem I am having....... Thank-you Lynn John Alexander

HP Recommended
This solution is so simple it boarders on genius. I have been working on computers professionally for twenty plus years and somehow this obvious simple option eluded me. Thanks for knowing and sharing your knowledge.
HP Recommended
Sorry, Polly-Wog - but just what 'solution' are you referring to? If you can clarify, this would possibly help many others... Tx!
HP Recommended

Sorry, I didn't realize where I was posting this lol

HP Recommended
Try pressing F11 when the notebook boots up to enter the recovery mode.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Excuse me! you wrote: Try pressing F11 when the notebook boots up to enter the recovery mode.

Haven't you read ANY of the postings on this subject?  If you are, as you say, an HP employee, then your Post explains why so many users say they won't buy HP again, because of the level of Support.

Most of the earlier Posts on this subject are from Users who have tried F11 and it doesn't work!

HP Recommended

I have a hp mini 250 netbook. I was trying to restore factory settings so after searching several posts on here i set the recovery drive to active partition in disk management. However when I start the  netbook up it starts every time in the recovery mode. I have tried system restore but it says error cannot restore. The i option to do system recovery is greyed out. Help!! I cannot get no further than this screen I have tried unplugging and letting the system crash. 

HP Recommended

Had you partioned the Hard Drive?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.