Nisede89 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Factory Reset on my HP Stream Notebook Failure

HP Stream 11-r015wm

So I have the HP Stream Notebook and it's been working all well and fine. However I was going to give the computer to a friend and wanted to perform a reboot so he can receive the laptop all "new" and clean. Also my microsoft email got hacked and I never was able to recover it so being able to log in to the laptop was kind of a no go. However when I tried to perform a reset and wipe all the files the computer said it was unable to. I can't even see the log in option anymore it just displays HP and a black screen. Only thing I could do is turn it on and press F11 to see the troubleshooting menu, but everytime I try to reset it still won't work, it goes up to 37% and then it says it was unsuccessful with rebooting the laptop. I can't return it since there's no warranty but is there any hope for my laptop? This friend really needed it...

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
13006 1222 2874
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Nisede89

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about wanting to factory reset your notebook and wanted to help -- but need more information.

Need to know what version of the Windows OS came installed on your notebook.

And, is this the same version that you want to have after the reset?

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Nisede89 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Pretty sure it came with Windows 10 Home (62 bit), sorry for leaving that out!

0 Kudos
probs_unhappy Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

@nisede89 did you ever find a solution to this? I'm currently in the same situation and all my work is on this laptop
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation