Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 2000 2b19wm
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have an update Windows error on my laptop. On 5/20/17 I received the typical Windows update has important update for you to install. So I clicked the button as usual to do the install. When the install was complete it reported please restart the computer to complete installation. When it started the reboot the system failed and displayed the message (fatal error C0000022 has occurred applying update operation 57899 of 59222) ( "/regi"). The system flashed to a screen that said preparing automatic repair , started to reboot again and stopped. The screen stayed white for about 1/2 hour until I finally tried to do another reboot. Nothing happens. I then tried to reboot the system using the ESC key to bring up the diagnostic menu. That finally worked after doing a hard reset. I then ran system diags which found nothing wrong and proceeded to reboot and go to f11 and run system restore. When that completed everything seemed fine until I rebooted and my Verizon macafee read system at risk please complete system update. So I ran update again and am now right back at the same update error message. Could I get some help to resolve the update error.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @John189,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand while updating windows you got a Fatal error C0000022 on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Did you manually download and install the windows update?

Try performing a system restore on your PC and then try running the windows update again.

Refer this article to know how to perform a system restore on your PC.

Most probably the issue occurred because the Windows Update failed to download/install correctly.
It may be due to some 3rd party interference or just because of faulty/buggy update from Microsoft - happens occasionally.

1. Please, shut down the computer using the power button
2. Power it on.
3. Keep tapping the F2 key on your PC system diagnostics screen would open.
3. Perform System Test >> Quick test.

Refer this article to know more information about system diagnostics. 

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @John189,

We haven't heard from you,

This Post is with reference to the thread you had recently created at your friendly neighborhood (HP Forums),

I would like to know if the resolution I had provided worked for you?

Please reply back in your public post as the private message board is not always monitored

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply back to the Jeet_Singh,

And Thank You for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.