Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Remove/reset lost Windows password you can use Windows Password Rescuer tool, it can reset/remove Windows 7/vista/xp/2008/2003/2000 password instantly.

But I highly recommend [Daos Password Recovery Bundle 2012]. It is an all-in-one password recovery software, which recover password for Windows, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, RAR/WinRAR, ZIP/WinZIP, PDF etc. Over 70+ types of passwords can be recovered instantly.

HP Recommended

Forgot Windows administrator is troublesome in some times, I have meet this problem, my system was Windows 7, then I used Asunsoft Windows 7 Password Reset Tool successfully reset the administrator password. Compare to some methods on the internet, this method is good that nothing lost after you resetting the password.

HP Recommended

Method 1: Reset Windows password using CMD

Step 1: Logon your Windows as administrator(You also can logon Safe Mode with Command Prompt, pressing F8 when restart your computer, hit up/down key to choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and hit Enter).
Step 2: Click on Start, type cmd in the Run box or Search box and press Enter.
Step 3: Type net user, all user accounts of your computer will be listed.
Step 4: Type net user "UserName" "NewPassword"(replace UerName and NewPassword with yours), press Enter, then the password will be reset as new one and you can logon Windows Vista with it.

Method 2: Reset WIndows 7 password with Windows password reset disk
Here is the steps to reset Windows 7 password with password reset disk, bypassing Windows Vista/XP password is the same as this:

Step 1: Login Windows 7 with a incorrect password, it will show you a link "Reset Password.." under the password box.
Step 2: Insert your password reset disk, click the link, When a password reset wizard appears, click Next.
Step 3: Choose the drive name from the pull-down list, click Next.
Step 4: Type a new password in the new password box, and type it again to confirm it. Click Next→Finish. Then you can login Windows 7 again with the new password.

Method 3: Reset Windows password with Windows password recovery program

In this method, you need to load a recovery program on another computer, then burn it to a CD/USB. Boot your locked computer from CD/USB and reset WIndows password offline. This is a universal password reset method.
If you would like to read more: Recover Windows password with CD/USB.

HP Recommended

Re: Forgot Administrator password

HP Recommended

Hello axxxxuh.  I understand you've forgotten your administrator password.

You didn't mention which operating system you were using so I will provide the instructions for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.

Instructions for Windows 8.
Instructions for Windows 7.
Instructions for Windows Vista.

If this is helpful make sure to click the white star under my name to give Kudos!  

I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Reset Windows 7/Vista/xp password with CMD. Key steps:

Step 1: Logon your Windows as administrator(You also can logon Safe Mode with Command Prompt, pressing F8 when restart your computer, hit up/down key to choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and hit Enter).

Step 2: Click on Start, type cmd in the Run box or Search box and press Enter.

Step 3: Type net user, all user accounts of your computer will be listed.

Step 4: Type net user “UserName” “NewPassword”(replace UerName and NewPassword with yours), press Enter, then the password will be reset as new one and you can logon Windows 7/Vista with it. You also can use a program base on CMD.

Read more if you like: Recover Windows 8/7/vista/xp/2008/2003/2000 password.

HP Recommended

You need to reset or remove that Windows administrator password when forgot it.

The easiest way to reset Windows administrator password is using a previous created Windows password reset disk. But when you didn't create such a disk for that administrator account before you forgot its password, is there any quick and easy trick to reset it? Yes, you need the program Daossfot Windows Password Rescuer.

Download Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer by Google search. Install it into another accessible computer. Launch it to burn it to a USB/CD/DVD flash drive. Then boot your locked computer from the flash drive. Finally, follow its detailed instruction to reset or remove the administrator password.

Refer to the more detailed steps: Forgot Windows Password? - How to Reset/Remove a Windows Password without Any Data Loss

HP Recommended

Thanks thios is helpful tips

HP Recommended
I love. I have so much stupid **bleep** in life to deal with.

HP Recommended
i forgot my power on password .hp 250 .i entered the password thrice and the system disabled 68393087. please help
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.