Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (157 Views)

Forgot BIOS Admin Password

Product Name: HP620
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I gave my notebook to a friend of mine a year ago and they set a bios password that they can't remember.I called HP Kenya and they told me to contact their agent whom advised me to buy a new motherboard.Is there something that can be done other than disposing what I have? I only need to enable the virtualisation in the bios and have to access it first.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 2 (144 Views)

Re: Forgot BIOS Admin Password

Dear Customer,

Welcome to HP Support Forum and we are glad to assist you.

This is to inform you that all HP Business Notebooks such as Probooks  or Elitebooks have more stringent security than consumer models infact they don't produce 'halt codes', the password cannot be derived from the Serial Number and the

code is stored in non-volatile memory so removing the RTC cell will not reset the password in this case.

1. Please have a look at this link. 

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/49497-HP-Probook-Elitebook-BIOS-Password-Reset-Utility

1. Replace the BIOS chip

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Elitebook-8470p-8470w-8570p-8570w-8770w-Programmed-Bios-Chip-No-Password-...

1. Please Contact HP Business Notebook support they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation