09-15-2016 06:39 AM
We have fortten the Bios Password on the companies HP Probook 650, please advise how we go about resetting it.
09-15-2016 06:44 AM
At the password screen, hit enter 3 times - if you receive a 'halt code' , post back with this code.
If no code is displayed, you'll need to Contact HP Business support - they should be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)