Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (160 Views)

G72B27Cl notebook battery recharge issue

My G72B27Cl notebook has a problem to recharge the battery. At beginning, I thought it was the battery issue - too old to be recharged. After installed a new battery, the power run off fast from the battery and there was no sign to indicate the battery being recharged as usually. When the battery was detached and the computer totally dead even with the power unit on. Can this issue be fixed or I have to give up the comptor?

Thanks for any suggestions. 

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: G72B27Cl notebook battery recharge issue

seattle15

While you could have run diagnostics checking the battery and the charger, when your PC was booting, now that it's not, there's nothing we can link you to for doing this.

Sorry, there's only so much we can do on a forum. We are NOT HP Tech Support; only a bunch of volunteers trying to help folks solve problems with their HP PCs.

Since we have no way to remote into the PC and run any diagnostics ourselves, we have no way to examine the PC ourselves.  This limits us to providing written diagnosting steps in the hopes that those will reveal the problem and how to fix it.

f those don't work, your only recourse then is to take the PC to an authorized HP service center to see if it can be fixed.

If the PC is still under warranty (less than a year old), then contact HP Customer Support to see about maintence and service options.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If the PC is no longer under warranty, you can still contact an HP Service Center but they will charge your for the diagnostics and repair.

Here is a link with information on HP Service Centers:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (126 Views)

Re: G72B27Cl notebook battery recharge issue

Thank you for the info. I may try to find another charger to test out. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation