Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp beats laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

GOING MENTAL CAN ANYONE SAVE ME. I have hp beats laptop. has been acting up for quite some time just did not use for 2 years. after installing windows 10 creators update for x64 bit ver 1607 back on 7-13-17(original os was windows 8.1) after the restart that evening nothing has updated since and after a few minutes i get thermal shutdown. i have cleaned fans, replaced thermal paste. i cant keep it on long enough to do much of anything. after about 90 seconds of idle speeds its like something kicks into overdrive and fans go from quite (what used to be the norm) to what i would imagine is as hard and fast as they can go. computer is not hot or blowing out hot air. can something be paused,stopped, bypassed long enough so that i can either perform diagnostics or just reset laptop. DESPERATE at this point have spent countless hours on forums on here and trying to walk through steps. i need my laptop for work now and cant afford a new one. any help would be greatly appreciated. i did the restart as well .. battery out , no ac , 20 second power button

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TRUSS-GURU

Welcome to HP support community.

Run extensive test on the computer to check for any hardware issues:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3.From the main menu, click System Tests, then click Extensive Test. Figure : Selecting the Extensive Test

4. Click Run once, or Loop until error. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen. The test can take 2 or more hours to complete.

If the test passes, update BIOS using HP support assistant

Refer this HP document for the steps to use HP support assistant:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.