Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP COMPAQ 6910P
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

i formatted my hp compaq 6910p so the graphics is not bright i canot sleep nor hibenate the system,pls i need a download link to ATI MOBILITY RADEON X2300 TANX

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will have to manually install the W7 driver.

Download and install this free file utility.  The 1st driver on the list is for 32 bit.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Then download and save, but do not run the AMD graphics driver from your notebook's support page.

This package provides the video driver and control panel for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46004.exe

After you save the graphics driver file, right click on it, and select 7-zip from the list of items on the menu.

Have 7-Zip extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp46004).

Once that is done, go to the device manager.  Click to expand the display adapters device manager category.

Click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to the driver folder 7-zip created>Packages>Drivers>Display>LH_INF>CL_84776 (setup information file), select the ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 graphics adapter from the list, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC, and the graphics should be working just fine.

HP Recommended

tanx am using windows8.1, i cant extract the 7-zip into sp46004, and when i follow the steps to undate the microsoft basic display i cant find the folder 7-zip, pls is there no other way need help urgently tanx

HP Recommended

Hi:

You must not understand my instructions, because I did exactly what I wrote with the file, and it worked fine.

I also have a 6910p and used the same driver to install the x2300 graphics in W10.

I suggest you carefully re-read my instructions.

or...you can just run the sp46004 file, and if it doesn't install the graphics, then follow these instructions... 

Go to the device manager.  Click to expand the display adapters device manager category.

Click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp46004>Packages>Drivers>Display>LH_INF>CL_84776 (setup information file), select the ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 graphics adapter from the list, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC, and the graphics should be working just fine.

HP Recommended

I CANT FIND THE C:\SWSetup IN THE FOLDERS

HP Recommended

You have to run the graphics driver first.

Sorry, but I have given you two ways to install the graphics driver, and either of them will work.

Unfortunately, I can't help you any further because I have written the instructions the best way I can.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.