Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ok, thanks for that CherylG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

HP Quick Launch Button software (32-bit and 64-bit), sp46731

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I also have the CQ60-427NR and would like to know how it goes for you on your upgrade.

Mine has been a nightmare and would like to know how other users of the same model upgrade turns out.

Sharing this experience would be greatly appreciated by me since I have to return mine for hardware repair.

Thanks

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Model HP G60 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.63, 3/8/2010
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
HP Recommended

Thanks CheryIG my friend's HP Pavilion dv 2615nr Entertainment PC and theres a little update about the Nvidia Graphics The new version is 179.48 Beta

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_win7_179.48_beta.html wish this thread will go further thanks for the help

HP Recommended

@frenze31

You're welcome, good luck with 7! I think you will find that 7 natively supports a lot of the hardware/drivers in this model other than 'Chipset" (available on front page). After installing run Windows Update manually from Control Panel,choosing also optional updates.Conexant Audio,modem,Nvidia graphics should all be offered.

HP Recommended

Hi CheryIG, this is my first post here. I'm a new here. Sorry if I'm asking a wrong question. I have a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC tx2520AU that I was bought August 2008. My laptop always have a problem likes blue screen during running and black screen when I used original windows which is Vista. I hate Vista because it have a lot bugs. Then I was format one month ago and now use Windows 7. All component is still same and I just upgrade RAM up to 2GB. Now, my RAM is 4GB. Since I have installed Win 7, my laptop always hang and sometimes lost the internet connection. I have format again and used Win 7 because I loved it. So, do you know why my laptop always hang? Is it because of the Win 7 or my hardware? If my laptop not compatible with Win 7, why there are driver installation for Win 7 for this tx2520AU at HP Homepage? I have checked it and I believe that my laptop can run Win 7. Can you help me with your expertise?

HP Recommended

@efflaw995

Hi and welcome to the forums! It sounds like you may have hardware problems since you have freezes,etc under Vista and Windows 7. Your model should run Win 7 just fine_many HP laptops with no driver support from HP are running great on 7.

Some things to try>>

1) The TX series (like some others) suffers from high heat buildup.Pick up a can of compressed air and blow out all vents and external ports. Use a notebook cooling pad w/fans.

2) Run hardware diagnostics on memory,hdd.

There is a section dedicated to TX series, where you may want to ask for more tips:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/TX-TM-Series-Notebooks/bd-p/Tablet

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot CheryIG..I will send my laptop to HP Service Center to check the hardware. I will let you know what happen to my laptop and hopes you can help me anymore. Thanks man.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an HDX18, which was purchased with Vista + the upgrade program to Win7. 

When the Upgrade arrived, I performed the installation according to the instructions, without any errors or hitches.

The result is a noticeable loss of performance, with many issues. 

I have been searching for a procedure using the upgrade package, to do a clean install from scratch (rather than upgrade), while still retaining HP's applications and included software, but have come up blank.

Has anyone come up against this issue, or found instructions how to perform this?

Thanx.

HP Recommended

Hi Roadrunner,

I have a different model but had the same issues as you.  I upgraded, recovered to Vista, Clean installed, recovered 10X before it was finally determined I had a hardware issue.

Since this, I have done extensive research on the subject.  I'm no expert, but here are some things that I have found helpful that are reported upfront because it wasn't supposed to be so painstaking, and I'm sure that most aren't, but it helps to be informed. 

There are numerous check items to go through.

Thanks to the wonderful guides here in the forum for suggesting troubleshooting while in Vista mode so we could finally determine that the issue was the same and after 3 months narrow it down.

If you have to recover back to Vista, make sure you have all the updates installed necessary and research Microsoft Website for "known issues" with upgrade, service pack, whatever you're experiencing trouble with.  Did you verify the drivers were correctly updated to properly perform in Win 7?

First, with the upgrade you've done already, run Win 7 troubleshoot option for performance.  For me, it provided minimal fixes such as change startup programs and adjust display settings, but it's a start.

Did you go to your support page and download the updated drivers, beginning with chipset first, then down the line?  This will make a HUGE difference if the drivers aren't configured for the upgrade correctly. 

Here are a few things that the folks from the forum sent me, keep in mind they are for my Compaq, but some are general

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/General-Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-HP-L...

You can also, download the Win 7 recovery patch and follow these instructions, then after recovery, select recovery and then select to install HP software, HP drivers.  Make a copy of your file in the C: drive called "swsetup" these are your software and drivers preinstalled before you begin, they are just compressed.

This is what I was sent, again it is for my system, but the instructions are the important factor.

If you are trying to Recover back to Vista, use the Patch HERE After installing it you should be able to boot into Recovery partition to reinstall Vista. Simply hold the F11 key immediately after power on. It should boot into Recovery where you can choose to recover back to factory specs

Here is a VERY informational guide for either clean or upgrade.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-vista-to-windows-7

Most of support pages have Windows 7 drives, enter your model number here and navigate to Windows 7 (32 bit) or Windows 7 (64bit).

This is a very detailed list of "Things To Do" from Rakhmad whom is one of the wonderful assisters for me.

Yes, you need to use MS update to for the latest update of security or patch, since factory install does not have the latest update patch. If you have Vista SP1, download standalone SP2, here,

Then if you still wish to install Windows 7, go to your support page and download windows 7 drivers, If you can not find it, post your product number. I recommend you to do install drivers manually, starting with Chipset, video driver, and others.

Then about BIOS, if the current BIOS is running perfectly, no point to update it, unless it was an important update, please again provide your product number so that we can talk in the same page.

I know this alot of information here, but it will give you a starting point on your road to recovery.

Hope this helps you.  If it continues, contact Tech Support via the chat line and even if it's not resolved this way, at least you have a record and are attempting to follow protocol if repair is needed.

Oh, one more thing DO NOT bump the system, touch the keyboard/mouse, etc. while the install/upgrade is processing, this will cause issues after though are unnoticed during the process.

Be sure to uninstall your anti-virus before recovery.  And if you have Norton, GET IT OUT because it can not only bog your system WAY down, it reaks havoc on most everything installed on your system whether it's disabled or not.  Go to their site and use the full removal after you've removed.  I work with customers everyday who have some serious issues with their device installs because of that. 

GOOD LUCK~! Hope I've helped you become a more informed updater if nothing else.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Model HP G60 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.63, 3/8/2010
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.