Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 15t
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Ok so my harddrive failed on my Envy. I got a new one and installed it and I can not get the computer to boot of the DVD/CD Drive to put the OS on. The hard drive is a brand new WD that does fit in the computer (knows because I had to replace the seagate in another). I do the test just to check the compentents after thinking something is up and I get HD short test failure ID 9URX9V-7A68H3-MFPV6K-60TD03

sO i AM CURIOUS AS IF i GOT A BUM HARDDRIVE OR IS THERE SOMETHING i AM MISSING?

Ack sorry for the caps

Anyhow. The DVD drive starts then quits, 

Thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @sadro29

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

The failure code does shows HDD failure but I will comment this later.

The DVD booting issue may be caused by 3 things and is not related to the HDD. Independently from HDD issue, you should be able to boot from ourside media if:

-1-  the DVD device is not working (non-functional)

-2-  the DVD with the OS is burned incorrectly (for example as a data file, not like a bootable image), not scratched

-3-  Secure Boot option is disabled

With regards to -2-  I would suggest you try to recreate this DVD - redownload the image and burn again the ISO.

By the way, what operating system you want to install  and  how did you obtain it ?

With regards to -3-  check this article >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03736054

* Ensure Secure Boot is disabled  (if applicable for your model)

* Ensure Legacy mode is enabled (if applicable for your model)

* Save the UEFI/BIOS changes.

(if applicable for your model) Details>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653226

With regards to -1- I can give you instructions how to download free ISO and burn another DVD and test

Looking forward to your reply/update.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I broke a ribbon cable so I am dead in the water at this point, Thanks for the help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.