Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I know my password. Just want to remove so when I start my notebbok I don't have to come bck to it to type my password. Having trouble finding answers.:smileymad: Any wizards out there?

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi,

Open windows Control Panel and in the top right corner of this window, next to View by, select Large icons from the dropdown box and then open User Accounts.  Click the link 'Remove your password', enter the current password and then click the 'Remove Password' button.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi 

Click on Start and then Control Panel.

Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.

Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply click on the User Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.

Click on the User Accounts link.

In the Make changes to your user account area of the User Accounts window, click the Remove your password link.

In the text box on the next screen, enter your current Windows 7 password.

Click the Remove Password button to confirm that you'd like to remove your Windows 7 password.

You can now close the User Accounts window.

Now that your Windows 7 account password has been deleted, you will no longer need to log on when your computer starts.

Your computer should now boot all the way to the Windows 7 desktop.

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button. Thanks!

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

I ever used a windows password recovery tool named Anmosoft to reset windows password to blank, its easily and safely to use ,not need to reinstall windows OS and with no data losing.

HP Recommended

Reset windows 7 password, three methods:

1. Another valid administrator account which can normally log on.
2. A password reset disk or a repair disc, which is created in advance ( before you lost password ).
3. Third-party software to create a bootable password reset CD/DVD or USB, like Windows Password Reset

HP Recommended

To remove Windows password you may know that we don't lose any files or change computer setting after removing the password. Is there a safe way can accomplish this? Yes, Windows Password Rescuer can easily remove Windows 7/Vista/XP password with nothing lost. All your files and personal imfomation will be remained after you successfully remove your Windows login password. It is a fast and universal Windows Password Remover tool that you can use it to remove any Windows password within several minutes.

See how to remove WIndows 7/Vista/XP/2000 password

HP Recommended

it says: "Windows cannot remove password. Password and/or account recquire the account to have a password,"

HP Recommended

Dear Sir/Madom,

I am using windows 7 system. i would like to remove administator password from pc. when i went to control panel-user account-remove password. but it has not been removed and bellow message is shown. what is the reason?

Window cannot remove password. Password and or account policies require the account to have a password.

Regards,

kader

HP Recommended

@brasilianflagg wrote:

I know my password. Just want to remove so when I start my notebbok I don't have to come bck to it to type my password. Having trouble finding answers.:smileymad: Any wizards out there?

HP Recommended

Hello 5r,

Are you having problems with your HP computer? If so can you provide the following information:

1. The model and product number of the computer. Here is a link that shows how to find that information.
  2. A description of the problem you are having.
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.