Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 af100nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I would like to give my old notebook to a friend's daugher. It's a HP HP - 15-af100nf. A old and slow pc but she is 9 and it's only for basics stuff.

Nothing on memtest86+, HD tune Pro and all HP Bios tests. Zero fill format, bios update.

Install with MediaCreationTool1909 on USB, checksum OK.

Symptoms :

after new install ok :

if I instal

AMD win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.2.2-mar5

or

win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.4.2-apr23

or if i connect to internet and execute windows update

I end up with a very slow pc that freeze 2 seconds and o 2 seconds.

Screens

=================================

After install task manager

================================

After AMD Drivers install

======================================

During windows update PB appears

=====================================

The only exe using man UC %

Task manager video #1

Winupdate's beginning, without PB

Winupdate with PB

I've tried with a win10 Oct2019, same PB.

I need your help becauseI can't find the solution.
Sorry for the english 🙂

NB : all medias in one file here https://www.grosfichiers.com/eAgbkRNs94j 
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@crakance Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, I see that you've used the Microsoft media creation tool, instead I suggest you use the HP recovery media, If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps. Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

First thanks for your answer.

I don't have HP Recovery Media but I don't think the problem is coming from there. The Microsoft Media Tool is reliable.

The installation is new and seems only software between Windows updates or AMD drivers.

Furthermore, the problem does not appear on an Ubuntu distribution.

Maybe I need a patch from HP for this model.

Sinceratly

HP Recommended

@crakance The reason I suggested the use of recovery media, is because it contains the drivers, software and possible patches to resolve such issues while it reverts the device to its original state, also, the only patch you can use or install, is the BIOS update via USB to resolve such issues: click here to find and install the same.

Let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I try tu use HP Cloud Recovery Tool v2.4.2,0 from your link.

See screenshot below, from the PC and from HP CRT, run as Admin of course, no mistake on product iD.

Try with N7J65EA#ABF / N7J65EA / and same with lower case.

Wrote : " iD is different or not valid, Please contact HP support"

The Bios was already update to the last version from this link.

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-af100-notebook-pc-series/8543365/mo...

Thx for your time.

HP Recommended

@crakance If cloud recovery is not an option, I suggest you order a recovery media: Click here for steps (as suggested before) and let me know if you need anything else,

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But why it doesn't work for this model ? Is it the same on your computer for this model ?

Order anything for this computer is not a viable option. It's clearly an update error on MS Windows update or on AMD Drivers.

I need to keep this post open please.

I need an exceptionnal person who could upload to me the recovery media on a free server or transmitting on any other way.

Or better, a person who have any idea or solution.

HP Recommended

@crakance The best way to identify as to why it is not working for your model is to get in touch with the support team, and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.