12-02-2012 02:49 PM
I just recently bought a HP 2000 Notebook PC and I am trying to use microsoft office but it keeps asking me for a product key number. I clicked on the help button which said that I the product key number should have came with the laptop which I checked everything that came with the laptop and there is no product key number. and before I purchased the laptop it said that microsoft office is already on it. Is there any way I can get a new product key number? or do I have to purchase one?
12-02-2012 03:34 PM
12-02-2012 09:13 PM
Most HP machines come with a preinstalled 60 day trial of MS Office.Unless you ordered and paid extra for fully licensed Office, you will have to purchase a license key.
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
05-08-2013 01:20 PM
I would like to access my mircosoft office, But unable to do so because i was prompt for the product key in which obviously did not come with or in my purchase from a local retail store of purchase. My question is:-
1) Do i have to pay for the product key?
2) Or will it be emailed to me?
3) Is it located in the bios as i previously read, and if so where?
05-08-2013 04:56 PM
If you have not purchased a product key for Microsoft office then you will have to do so in order to use it.
There will be a product key for Microsoft Office in your BIOS
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)