Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (200 Views)

HP 2000 notebook PC Will not boot up

Product Name: HP 2000 notebook PC

My HP 2000 notebook PC will not boot up black screen and a few seconds later a White square will flash and go off and the HPs I will come back up and then the same thing will happen

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (167 Views)

Re: HP 2000 notebook PC Will not boot up

Hey @Kimbathelion,

Thanks for posting in the HP Support Forum. 

I understand you're unable to successfully boot up your HP 2000 Notebook PC. I would like to assist you with this. 

I recommend restarting your PC and immediately tapping F2 to bring up the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics Menu. If that exact menu doesn't come up, you may see the HP Basic System Diagnostics menu instead. If you see the UEFI menu, perform and Quick System Check. If the PC passes, run the Hard Drive Extensive test and let me know the result. If you saw the other menu, perform the Hard Disk Check. If you need help navigating through those menus you can refer to this guide for more instructions. 

When you do reply, be sure to include your PC product number. If you're not sure how to find that information, please click here for instructions:
http://ow.ly/Sblkw .

Please let me know the result of your troubleshooting by responding to this post.  If I have helped you resolve the issue
and you liked this post, feel free to give me virtual props by clicking on the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and accepting this
solution.  

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (130 Views)

Is there a way I can make a recovery USB drive  from ANother HP laptop  for a HP 2000 notebook PC 

Retired
Message 4 of 4 (125 Views)

Hi @Kimbathelion,

@E-roq is not available, so I will be taking over the post.

For most windows OS there is a way to make a USB recovery or order one from HP.

Please post the full operating system on your computer. Eg: Windows 10 64 Bit. See the following, if you need help with that information.
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

If you can get back to me with the above information, I will try to supply how to make the recovery USB.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation