Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 27er moniter
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently purchased HP 27er monitor with HDMI cable. When attached to Lenovo with Windows 10 no sound in the computer speaker or headphones. Can't seem to find a fix.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Cliff551,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having issues with no sound when connecting using HDMI cable on your HP 27 monitor. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this Monitor? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Does this monitor have internal speakers?

Have you tried changing the audio configuration in the control panel?

1. Reinsert the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on the notebook PC.
  2. After approximately 10 seconds, switch the audio source in the Control Panel:
  3. Click Start, Control PanelHardware and Sound and then click Sound.
  4. Select the HDMI audio device, click Set Default and then click OK.

Since there would be no sound from the computer speakers or headphones because HDMI transfers the sound to the monitor speakers.

In this scenario, you can use a DVI cable or change the playback settings to play in speaker instead of HDMI to change the speaker settings.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Suggested fix does not work. No internal speakers on monitor. Tried changing audio configuratio to monitor and that does not work. Product number is: T3M88AA.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @Cliff551,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand your monitor does not have internal speakers, I would suggest you try to check by connecting an external speaker or a headphone to your Lenovo laptop and check if it works, If you are able to hear sound from the external speakers or headphones, I would suggest you contact Lenovo tech support for further assistance. 

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.