Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I use: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu

Run this easy to use Intel® Driver Update Utility and it will "automatically" tell you if you need to update your chipset INF file, and if so, will prompt you to install and you are done. This will save you a lot of time not only on your chipset download but the most common files needed for your system.

push to scan your computer and searches it to see what updates you need,and it should find the it,that update is called "Wireless Display Software'
HP Recommended

I was hoping it will work. But unfortunately it did not. Oh by the way my mistake. That is not about the HP guard. I solved it by reverting back to windows 8 and staying clear of 8.1 but that problem about  that WiUSB is still persistent even in Windows 8.

So the link didn't help after downloading the "new drives."

Thanks tho.

HP Recommended

My envy 4-1270er - HP 3D DriveGuard not working after Windows 8.1 Upgrade. The program writes "disks are not supported"

HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy 4 1130LA and isnt working Protect smart. "Disk not supported"

HP Recommended

i have the same problem wid ENVY 4-1002tx with Win 8.1 os...kindly help me...my hp 3d driveguard is also not working aftre upgradation . help asap

HP Recommended

Hello,my name is Eduardo.

I have a Hp EliteBook 8770w with Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro. Hp 3D DriveGuard software v5.1.12. does not work.

Upon entering the center of Hp support, there is an option to download the software of Hp 3D DriveGuard for my Hp EliteBook 8770w. The problem is that such software does not work on my EliteBook8770w.

Anyone is there here that can help me please.

Atte.
Eduardo
HP Recommended

I think HP has given up on this problem. It has been a long time and still no solution except to return to windows 8.

HP Recommended

This thread may help others if this one doesn't, as it can help the user work around the  .18 driveguard installation which fails due to a simple folder location issue..

3D-DriveGuard-Windows-8-1-Installation-Kludge/

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.