Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP ENVY 17r laptop

So I installed WIndows 8.1 the other day and everytime I startup my laptop I get this error:

AccelerometerSt.Exe - System Error

The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I then went and uninstalled the 3D Driveguard but then encountered another error:

HP 3D DriveGuard

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action RemoveMobilityCenterTile64, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI8EB1.tmp, command: /uninstalltile

I also tried to install the driver for the 3D DriveGuard but when I did so I ran into yet another error: 

The HP 3D DriveGuard driver cannot install, the Accelerometer hardware is not present or supported on this unit. (Click OK to exit).

I could really use help on how o fix this issue.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Austinlo:

I am sorry that did not work.   I did some further research with the exact error message  you provided in the previous post. I am sending a link to a Windows Microsoft answer click here. This should help to explain the issue as well as providing a link in the Answer. Please let me know if this resolved it or not.

I am happy to help!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue and would like a resolution as well.  At first, I was getting an error message on install saying that there was no accelerometer.  I found a new install, and got the error message you described.

HP Recommended

Same here

HP Recommended

I have a laptop HP Envy Dv6 - 7202

After upgrading to windows 8.1, HP 3D DriveGuard stopped working.

I have uninstalled the driver and tried to install again but i got the following message:

The HP 3D DriveGuard driver cannot install, the Accelerometer hardware is not present or supported on this unit. (Click OK to exit).and reinstalled again (after changing the compatiblity of the set up file to windows 8).

One HP technician advised to run the set up program after modifying the compatiblity details to windows 8. and so did I.

I have changed the compatibility to windows 8 and then the driver was installed but the hard drives were not detected , and HP 3D DriveGuard was disabled and not working properly.

Till this moment it is still disabled/not decting the hard drives.

Kindly I need a solution for this, please fix the issue via an update.

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Please any dirver update that for HP 3D Driveguard for HP DV6 7202 that fixes this issue on win 8.1?

HP Recommended

Hey All,

I have read thru the Posts here. I was just wondering if anyone Updated the Bios.

If you follow this document it will show you how.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00007682

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Dear Mrstenter

the topic here is about HP 3D driveguard which is not working after the windows 8.1 update.
is this related to the BIOS update F.29? please explain, as I have the latest BIOS installed.
HP Recommended

I have a ultrabook ENVY4 1130LA with same problem 😕

HP Recommended

I have the same problem in ENVY 15 J012LA, please HELP 🙂

HP Recommended

HI all.

Thank you for your inquiries.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

I am sending you a link to "ProtectSmart and 3D Drive Guard Are Disabled When Microsoft Windows 8 Is in Accelerated Mode" click here.

i hope this helps.

Please let me know the results.

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.