Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It appears this is the latest information from Microsoft:

Windows 10 Creators Update on device with AMD Carrizo A10-8700P CPU

The only issue I had with this is that there is no way to reply to the thread as Microsoft's Forum Moderator has locked it and the comment made by the moderator leaves it open to a lot of questions.

"will be providing more information on supported processors."

HP Recommended

i don't know why hp not doing anyting in my case they say windows creator update not roolout yet and they will look at this matter and still no respons if they want to buyback my system then do it but i can't operate any old windows

HP Recommended

That is a lie when you run updates it is pulling it up mine keeps trying to download and install it

HP Recommended

@BLINDPRINCESS well chck this and background fb profile is mine i don't think you will find this picture to any web and please don't call mea an lier you even don't know me its a helping froum wher we looking for help i researh 2 month about this laptop before i wnat to switch from desktop to laptop and now its my dream brokern new.png

HP Recommended

I was not calling you a lier I was calling HP a lier with what they said to you.  I am getting the same thing.  as you are. 

HP Recommended

sorry mate   maybe i did't rad properly i even show him microsoft offical page and even with offical twitter handeler wher it say it release on 11 april but he say sorry sir we don't have any offical confirmation. i don't know what's going on with hp why they taking so long to address this problem please tag some offical member on this conversation so it can get resolved

HP Recommended

Check out this thread.

The issue is not with AMD. I am typing this on my laptop running Win10 CU on AMD A10 8700P (Pavilion AB125AX - a device that HP tested for Win10, but still doesn't upgrade normally).

The issue is with Microsoft and HP. Microsoft somehow finalized this build of WIndows 10 even though the error persisted from an earlier build. HP, on the other hand, is being super slow to issue a BIOS update that may actually fix the issue.

If you have a TPM on your device, turn it off completely from BIOS. Then, try doing a clean install of Windows 10 CU wihtout formatting the system partition. Windows 10 will install normally, make take a bit longer than expected. You can get back all your files from Windows.old in the system partition. Sadly, you will have to reinsall all your programs. 

Also, use the Legacy BIOS and boot using an MBR partition since it's less complicated to solve such issues that way.

HP Recommended

@ any solution ? please reply

HP Recommended

Downloaded and installed updated driver - still broke.

HP Recommended

Hi Rangan2510,

I am running 14393.1066 on an ssd formated with gpt partition scheme. If i will follow your instructions (disable tpm , legacy csm) i will be able to install the cu properly as you described? with no bsod's?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.