10-20-2013 08:43 AM
When I tried to upgrade my Elitepad 900 to Windows 8.1 I get a message that the HP ProtectTools Security Manager must be uninstalled before proceeding. I'm then prompted to uninstall the Device Access Manager for HP ProtectTools and Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools. I never bothered to initiate any of this software when I got my Elitepad 900 and now I'm not sure if it's safe to remove it and proceed with the Windows 8.1 upgrade? Hopefully someone here can help me out with this.
10-21-2013 04:59 PM
I had the same problem with my HP ProBook 4540s. I uninstalled everything it asked me to, and now I can't get the fingerprint reader to work.
Be very careful with this. I wish we had some help from the people at HP.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)