Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 745 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm getting Windows notifications whilst on the log in screen or shortly after logging in with regards to new security credentials being available in HP Client Security Manager and then a second notification about enrolling new credentials.  Sometimes shortly after logging into Windows it will allow me to open the HP Client Security Manger but then shows a couple of yellow warning exclamation marks on a couple of the login credential options.  However, if you click on to either of the credential options showing a warning it shows an error message about an RPC server not being available (0x800706BA) and then closes the Client Security Manager.  After this point if you try and reopen the Client Security Manager from the System Tray icon, it immediately displays an error about an RPC server not listening (0x800706B3).

Other symptoms are that the finger print reader seems to stop working after it working initially in the Sure Start boot up sequence.  However, the Windows login screen mostly doesn't recognise the finger print or proceeds to attempt to log in and just has a spinning circle which eventually times out so your stuck still on the log in screen.  Maybe a timing issue that some service fails after a certain period of time or doesn't always initiate.  Sometimes when clicking on the log in screen so that the password entry field is shown only results in a blank screen with no password entry field.  Usually it is possible to bypass the finger print recognition and fall back to regular password entry but it's clear that something isn't working as intended with the HP Client Security Manager / Digital Persona.  If I get a log in screen without password entry field then I restart and that usually solves that particular issue.

I don't know exactly when this started because I don't know if there were errors already showing in HP Client Security Manager (not often used) but my guess is it's connected to the latest Bios as since then is when I started getting notifications about enrolling new credentials.

I installed a new Bios update (01.14.00 Rev.A) earlier this month which added some functionality for HP Sure Admin (13th Nov 2020) and have all available updates recommended by the HP Support Assistant installed along with W10 Pro 64bit being fully up to date.  Windows 10 updated to 20H2 on 30/10/2020 and I see from the HP Support Assistant that the HP Client Security Manager was updated on 18/09/2020 to 9.5.5.2929 Rev.A.

EDIT:

Also when your Windows session times out through being AFK and you're returned to the log in screen, you then get a fresh set of the same two notifications from HP Client Security Manager about new credentials being available and enrolling them.

EliteBook 745 G5 (3UP50EA#ABU)
HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus ePrint
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I managed to solve this, it turns out the error dialog for 'DigitalPersona.HPPT.Console' relates to HP Client Security Manager so I redownloaded the same version of this from support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers selecting my type of system and model etc. 

I then ran this downloaded HP Client Security Manager exe file and chose the repair option.  Follow all the prompts to continue, restart if / when asked and then go into the HP Client Security Manager from the system tray icon if you haven't already been prompted with the set up wizard for configuring each element like registering finger prints / Sure Run pin code etc. 

After that everything is calm and back to normal 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I managed to solve this, it turns out the error dialog for 'DigitalPersona.HPPT.Console' relates to HP Client Security Manager so I redownloaded the same version of this from support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers selecting my type of system and model etc. 

I then ran this downloaded HP Client Security Manager exe file and chose the repair option.  Follow all the prompts to continue, restart if / when asked and then go into the HP Client Security Manager from the system tray icon if you haven't already been prompted with the set up wizard for configuring each element like registering finger prints / Sure Run pin code etc. 

After that everything is calm and back to normal 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.