Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-ep0500na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, after installing update KB4023057 on my HP ENVY 15 2020, my computer:

• Force shuts down then restarts itself when set to go to sleep 
  • Reaches high temps on idle.

The thing is, I had these exact same problems after installing Windows 10 2004 a while ago, and reverting back to Windows 10 1909 fixed them.

But now KB4023057 brought these exact same problems I had with Windows 10 2004 back. Are these updates linked to each other? How can I fix these problems? Do I just need to wait for a patch? And why are these updates doing this to my computer?

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@VirtualityJP 

I always say Microsoft or other software vendors introduce new bugs when fixing old bugs. That's life ! You can un-install KB and report to Microsoft, they will normally fix this and may introduce other bug.

Here they come

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/08/29/microsoft-pushes-out-kb4023057-again-to-enforce-windows-10-upgrade...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

But why is my computer getting these bugs after installing Windows 10 2004 and KB? My other computers don't have any sort of problem after installing these updates.

Is there something wrong with my computer? Is there something wrong with my BIOS? Why is it just my computer that has problems?

I can't uninstall KB, so I can't fix the bugs. I don't know what to do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.