ambowditch Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy x360 Won't Turn On

My computer is less than a month old and it shut down on me. I have charged it and left it but when I press the power button the fan starts aND the caps key blinks but it doesn't turn on. Then is it stops and tries to turn on again. Nothing shows up on the screen at all. I don't think my hard drive is turning on. I have not dropped it, spilled anything on it, had it in heat or anything. I need this to be fix asap!
8 REPLIES
Intern
Intern
41 0 3
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ambowditch.

so, your notebook having issue with no display & caps lock is blink.

caps lock blink is actually was an error which is notebook motherboard was try to tell to user.

what u need to do is, try to count how many time caps lock is blink.

try do following troubleshooting first before u count the caps lock blink.

1. perform power cycle.

remove battery & power adapter. then press & hold power button for 30 sec. then plug in power adapter only and power on the unit. make sure battery is not installed. if you lucky, may be the notebook will start with HP Logo and windows will load as usual. but if not, try to count how many time caps lock is blink.

thanks.

ghost.

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.

0 Kudos
AndrewBo Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with the same computer. The caps lock button flashes 3 times and the power cycle didn't do anything
0 Kudos
Amir-2015 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you serious? The battery is built-in on these computers. Removing it is not something simple for the average user.
hpuser841 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hp caps lock is blinking 3 times with no screen reaction. Do you know what this means?

0 Kudos
ambowditch Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot just take out the battery as suggested. As someone mentioned it is built in. I wasn't going to damage my computer further. I called HP (still had waranty) and I had to send it back to them. I did have to send it back a second time because the computer wouldn't stay on without the powercord. I would suggest to anybody that is coming to the end of their warranty, DEFINITELY invest in getting a reup on it. If I could go back, I would defintely choose a different computer. It is a great idea but it still freezes on me (barely any programs running), the mouse won't work sometimes on the keypad, and when I flip it to the tablet, about 45% of the time I have to put it back to the laptop mode and switch to the tablet about 3-4 times so the keyboard will shut off. I can't afford to keep sending it back because of these things.

I would defintely NOT recommend this computer to anyone. I'm saving up to get a different one.

kakutter Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nor will my HP Envy x360 (Spectre) turn on.  It is fully charged, but there is no sign of life when I press the power button.  I have done a hard reset several times with no success.  I baby my notebook... no spills, no dropping, no abuse.

computerclass Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We had a computer brought in that had the same issues. After a lot of troubleshooting we decided to disassemble it to see what was up. We discovered that the power button had come detached from the circutboard, it was rolling around loose inside so we soddered it back on and reassembled the computer. The computer works just fine now. 

Mfliehs6 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just got mine 3 days ago and having the same problem and don’t what to do. So disappointed in such an expensive computer. HP is really making me wish I would’ve bought Apple no matter what the cost would’ve been at this point!!!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation