Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TS14 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I lost my Operation System by mistakenly restoring factory settings. How can I get my System back? Please help me!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry?

You have done a Factory Fresh Install and now want to get back all your data etc?

Well there are data recovery companies, they are probably expensive and time consuming, but effective.

Otherwise you can try DuckDuckGo and type in rescue disks.

PhotoRec TestDisk Magic Rescue R-Studio Technology Inc. R-Studio for Linux is available for around $80 (single-user license)

There may be other possibilties like Gparted, but I think it is lost.

However if you mean you that you went back to W8 when you had a W10 update then...

SELECT SECURE/LEGACY BOOT AS REQUIRED, & CHANGE THE BOOT  SEQUENCE ALSO AS NEEDED.

HP Recommended

@TripleT2708

It's hard to provide a specific answer because you're not telling us the current state of your PC. 

You said you lost your OS, and this implies the PC is not booting into Windows, and if that is the case, using data recovery apps to restore individual files is wasting your time.

If you are able to boot into Windows, there is no way to recovery former applications, only user data,

You need to provide more details about the current state of your PC and what it is you need to recover.

We can proceed when you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.