Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HI

My laptop says the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly and continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behaviour that can result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. Please advise as to what must i do.

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Sometimes it is simply dust,pet hair etc clogging the fan. Pick up a can of compressed air and blow out all of the vents/ports/opening really thoroughly to see if any change.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi good day!

In relation to your issue, you can try the following steps below:

1. Make sure that when you use your computer you have it on a flat hard surface

2. Check for objects that might be covering your air vents

3. Load Bios defaults

STEPS:

1. Shutdown the computer

2. Press power button once and immediately tap "ESC" key multiple times

3. Thereafter you will see the "Start-up Options", press "F10"

4. BIOS will then be loaded (things you can see is system time, system configuration etc.)

5. While you're on BIOS, press "F9" to load defaults then press "F10" to save changes and exit.

4. Update BIOS of your notebook if necessary

STEPS:

1. Press "FN" key + "Esc" key to load product information (you will see your product number here together                                 with the version of your operating system), then click advance button to see your current BIOS version 

2. Open a browser and go to http://hp.com/support

3. Choose language preference then choose Drivers and Downloads

4. Provide your Product Number and choose your operating system

5. Download the BIOS only if the version on the website is newer (Ex. your pc is F.13, on website it's F.14)

5. If problem still persist then there is a high chance that you're having a hardware issue, contact hp support to get your computer be serviced.

Thank you for reading, may this be help to resolve your concern!

Regards,

Marc

HP Recommended

This message is an indication that the fan is not spining properly or not spinning at all. This video may be helpfull. https://youtu.be/KDdhiI8s79g

⭕ Ask questions and Engage in our Forum at https://northridgefix.com/forum/ ⭕ Need a repair? http://northridgefix.com/mail-in/ ⭕ Visit our ecommerce shop and buy all your tools at https://northridgefix.com ⭕ We are an Amtech Flux Distributor. Buy AMTECH NC-559-V2-TF Flux ...
HP Recommended

I have an HP Laptop that starting wirring very loudly. I have an extended service contract through SquareTrade which I was told was very reliable. I bought it through Amazon at the same time I bought my Laptop.  Squaretrade has not been able to help me with this fan problem and I am very frustrated. 

I told saupport it was a hardware problem but they insisted that I delete and reupload all of my software which took hours and of course, did not resolve the issue. Although I've tried ccontacting them again multiple times over the past few days, no responses. So much for Squaretrade. I still have a fan constanly wirring.

Any recourse and best way to get this fixed??

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi Guys, My laptop is a HP Notebook - 17-by0069cl. I get an error about the cooling fan not working properly but the fan is spinning and it is clean. The fan also spins at high RPM on boot, and   i have only had the laptop a few months now, and this message pops up sometimes from a cold start. I have tried upgrading and resetting the bios, and still the same intermittent issue. Other than that, the laptop works great, when it does eventually boot up.  Do you think the laptop is the issue since the fan is working or could it still be the fan?  Thanks Guys 

HP Recommended

@icedaug,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting a system fan error when you start the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I see that you have already followed all the relevant steps. I recommend you contact support as it looks like a hardware issue. You have all

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for all you help, i will do as instructed.

Kind Regards

Icedaug 

HP Recommended

@icedaug,

You're welcome!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.