Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought my HP Omen 15 gaming laptop about a year ago. Since the very beginning, it has been overheating while playing "more demanding" games. My computer still meets the recommended requirements to run these, so that shouldn't be the problem. Note that the overheating only happens while I'm charging the computer. However, charging while playing is pretty much necessary, because the performance of some games gets a lot worse when I'm not charging (understandably). The worst heating happens while playing Train Sim World 2, but also games like FIFA 22 and others produce quite high temperatures. The highest temperature that I've recorded has been 102,8 celsius. Obviously these temperatures last for brief moments only, the average is around 90-95 degrees, but I've read that any temperature over 100 isn't normal, even if it is only for a second.

Now, a computer service company that I asked for help a few months ago, changed the thermal paste. That didn't help. Then recently my computer was sent to the warranty service provider (Elcare Finland). They replaced the heatsink and said that all of their tests were passed after this. However, I'm still getting really high temperatures, 99,8 celsius has been the maximum after the latest service, so I guess replacing the heatsink helped to lower the temp by three degrees. 😄

I've contacted Elcare (the warranty service provider) and all they've said is that they're sorry but there's nothing they can do. I'm wondering if it's possible that there's a problem with the charger I'm using? Because it feels weird that two different companies have said that they have fixed the problem and all tests have been passed, when in reality nothing seems to have happened.

So what should I do now? I've done all the BIOS update checks that I've read about etc. There's literally two days left in my warranty, but it has been pretty useless so far. I've read that many others have been experiencing temperature problems with the Omen 15, so should I just accept that I've made a bad purchase or is there anything else I can do to try to still fix this?

Not sure if I forgot to add any important info, so just ask if I need to clarify anything. Thanks !

OMEN Laptop 15

AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Possu,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is overheating.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that 90C is normal on the gaming computer. I recommend you use the Omen command center to change the settings which suit your needs.

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.