Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Laptop: 3WE38UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, 

This has happened before and it magically got fixed but happened again now. The charge on my computer is stuck at 90% and I plug in my charger and it says plugged in but that is it. It does not say charging. The diagnostic test says that the battery and AC adaptor are both "ok" and passed. When i unplug the charger, the battery goes down like normal and when i plug in the charger again, it goes up but stays at 90% and does not say "charging". Any ideas?

- Also, i just got a message from the diagnostic, it says HP has detected that the battery care function setting in your BIOS is set to 100%. HP recommends that you change this setting to 80%. Reducing the battery care function setting to *0%, will help minimize premature battery wear and help provide optimal battery health. over the life of the battery. It can be modified in the F10 BIOS setting under Battery Care function. Should i do this? and where is it because i searched Battery Care function in my search thing on my computer and nothing pops up 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sereen123, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The battery care feature on the BIOS is to stop charging the battery at a certain percentage based on the customer preference. If the battery percentage goes below the set level then it will start charging the battery again to the set level.

The Battery Health Manager feature provides a number of options designed to improve battery longevity and performance for various usage scenarios. The options are:

• Maximize my battery duration
  • Let HP manage my battery charging
  • Maximize my battery health

For more info, refer to - Improving Battery Performance

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sereen123, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The battery care feature on the BIOS is to stop charging the battery at a certain percentage based on the customer preference. If the battery percentage goes below the set level then it will start charging the battery again to the set level.

The Battery Health Manager feature provides a number of options designed to improve battery longevity and performance for various usage scenarios. The options are:

• Maximize my battery duration
  • Let HP manage my battery charging
  • Maximize my battery health

For more info, refer to - Improving Battery Performance

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.